Register for Arches Information Session at 2017 ICOMOS General Assembly, New Delhi, December 10
The Arches project would like to invite you to attend an information session during the 19th ICOMOS General Assembly and Scientific Symposium that will provide an overview of Version 4 of the Arches heritage inventory and management platform, including the new Version 4 features that ease customizing the software to meet your organization’s or project’s needs. The information session is hosted by CIPA, the ICOMOS International Scientific Committee on Heritage Documentation, and will take place at the India International Centre, Seminar Hall II, during 7:00–9:00pm on Sunday December 10, 2017.
To reserve your space, please sign up at: www.archesproject.org/arches-icomos-2017-information-session-registration. The information session is free of charge, although participants must be registered for the 19th ICOMOS General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, which has a registration deadline of October 31, 2017. Information on registration for the ICOMOS General Assembly is available at: http://icomosga2017.org/registration/
Members of the Arches project team will cover the following topics:
- An overview of the management of heritage data in Arches, including international data standards, data modelling, controlled vocabularies, and integration with external web services
- System design and capabilities, including Version 4 system architecture, creating and managing data, geospatial layers, enhanced searching functionality, and reporting
- Arches deployment considerations including platform installation and legacy data import, as well as new configuration tools, and customization of the platform through the new integrated Arches Designer
- The forthcoming mobile data collection app for smartphone and tablet field data collection with or without network connectivity, and data contributions including crowdsourcing with the new data-collection project manager tool
- The Arches community, including how to participate
- How Arches is being implemented by a range of heritage organizations and projects around the world.
Arches is an innovative open source software system that incorporates international standards and is built to inventory and help manage all types of immovable cultural heritage. It brings together a growing worldwide community of heritage professionals and IT specialists. Arches is freely available to download, customize, and independently implement. For more information about Arches, visit: www.archesproject.org
The Arches information session at the 19th ICOMOS General Assembly and Scientific Symposium is organized under the auspices of CIPA, the ICOMOS International Scientific Committee on Heritage Documentation.